£400 Gaming PC Build | July 2019
The definitive and most comprehensive build guide for those wanting to build a £400 Gaming PC.
Spec List: Specs: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G Processor, Gigabyte B450M DS3H AM4 Motherboard, MSI RX 570 4GB Graphics Card, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 120GB SSD, 500W PSU, m-ATX case.
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics & Wraith Stealth Cooler
- 64-bit quad-core performance x86 desktop microprocessor
- Based on AMD’s Zen microarchitecture and is fabricated on a 14 nm process
- Base frequency of 3.5GHz with a TDP of 65 W and a Boost frequency of 3.7GHz
- Large unified cache memory: 2 MB L2 & 4 MB L3
- High efficiency, non-planar 12 Nanometer FinFET transistors
- Incorporates Radeon Vega 8 Graphics operating at 1.1 GHz
GIGABYTE B450M DS3H AM4 Micro-ATX Motherboard
- Supports AMD Ryzen™ 2nd Generation/ Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Ultra-Fast PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 with PCIe NVMe & SATA mode support
- High Quality Audio Capacitors and Audio Noise Guard with
- LED Trace Path Lighting
- RGB Fusion supports RGB LED Strips in 7-Colors
- Realtek® Gigabit LAN with cFosSpeed Internet Accelerator Software
MSI Radeon RX 570 Armor 4GB
- The 4th generation GCN architecture is engineered for gamers who play or want to play anything from indie titles to the most popular AAA titles
- An enhanced Geometry Engine power new levels of smooth gameplay performance
- Boost Clock w/ 4GB GDDR5 Memory Frequency up to 1268 MHz / 7000 MHz
- Zero Frozr: Stopping the fan in low-load situations, keeping a noise-free environment
- Advanced Airflow Control technology: Improves cooling efficiency by using advanced aerodynamics to focus airflow
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4 2666Mhz
- The heatspreader is made of pure aluminum for faster heat dissipation, and the eight-layer PCB helps manage heat and provides superior overclocking headroom
- Vengeance LPX offers higher frequencies, high bandwidth, and lower power consumption
- Vengeance LPX module height is carefully designed to fit smaller spaces
- XMP 2.0 enabled for high overclocking. SPD Latency: 15-15-15-36
Western Digital 1TB Blue Hard Drive
- WD Blue drives are designed, tested and built to last, and ships with a 2-year limited warranty
- Form Factor: 3.5 inch
- Depth: 14.7 cm, Height: 2.54 cm
- Buffer Size: 64MB
- Device Type: Hard drive – internal
- Capacity: 1 TB
Crucial BX500 | 120GB SSD
- 120GB 2.5-inch internal SSD • SATA 6.0Gb/s • 540 MB/s Read, 500 MB/s Write
- Boot up faster; load files quicker; improve overall system responsiveness
- 300 percent faster than a typical hard drive
- 45x more energy efficient than a typical hard drive
- Micron 3D NAND – advanced memory and storage technology
- Sequential reads/writes up to 540/500 MB/s on all file types
EVGA 500 W1, 80+ WHITE 500W, Power Supply
- 80 PLUS White certified, with 80% efficiency or higher under typical loads
- Fan Size / Bearing: 120mm Sleeve Bearing. Operating temperature: 0° to 40° C
- 3 Year Warranty and unparalleled EVGA Customer Support
- High Amperage Single-Rail design for maximum power and efficiency
- Heavy-duty protections, including OVP (Over Voltage Protection); UVP (Under Voltage Protection, OCP (Over Current Protection), OPP (Over Power Protection), and SCP (Short Circuit Protection)
CiT F3 Gaming Case: Side Window | Red | Micro ATX
- Incorporating mesh on the front panel designed for maximum air intake
- Supports up to four fans with 2 x 120mm red LED fans included
- The F3 Series is compatible to fit 6 internal hard drive bays. Room for 2 x 3.5″ and 4 x 2.5″ hard drive bays
- The I\O ports located on the top of the chassis for convenient access, SD/TF card reader included
Alternative Micro ATX Case Options
Addtional Components and Peripherals that you may need…
Aftermarket CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Keyboard and Mouse Bundle: HAVIT LED Backlit Keyboard & Mouse Combo Set
Monitor: ASUS VS247HR Full HD LED Monitor (1920 x 1080, TN, 2 ms, HDMI, DVI-D, D-Sub) – 23.6 Inch
Optical (CD/DVD) Drive: Asus DRW-24D5MT DVD Super Multi DL Black Internal Optical Disc Drive
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional ESD (Electronic Software Download) – License Only
Wireless Adapter: ANEWISH WiFi Dongle 600mbps Wireless Adapter Dual Band (5GHz 433Mbps OR 2.4GHz 150Mbps)
Feel free to leave any comments here, or on the video itself. Please use our links here to purchase what you need, it seriously helps a lot!
Post by: Toby Jagmohan – Founder
tEdits – Create. Inspire. Enjoy.
20 June 2019
This Post Has 6 Comments
Been wanting to build an entry-level gaming PC for a while, was looking around too much but ended up going with this one! Bought half the components already! Very excited indeed.
You’re welcome! This is still a great entry level PC and you’re going to enjoy it once you’ve put it all together! I hope you enjoy the build and I’m glad this could be of use to you, let us know if you’ve got questions.
– Toby, Founder.
tEdits | Create. Inspire. Enjoy.
The amazon link for the motherboard doesn’t work could you give me another link?
Thanks for letting me know. I’ll update it to reflect the fact that this motherboard is now out of stock. Try this link – https://amzn.to/3qAj2he to a slightly different model that will still be compatible with this build.
I hope this helps! Please let me know if you’ve got any more enquiries.
Thanks for the response! I love your build tutorials and have bookmarked a few of them ( I’m going to build my own budget gaming pc), one more thing though, the gpu is unavailable. Should I wait a few months (I’m building it in late march) and check back or could you give me another link? Will recommend your build guides to friends as they are great!
No worries Oscar, glad I could help. I’d say wait until the end of March. The GPU market and the PC component market as a whole has been quite badly affected by stock shortages, Brexit and the pandemic… So hopefully by then, stock levels would return to some level of normal.
If you’ve got any more questions feel free to ask.