The Week In Review Here’s my second attempt at list of key events in the past week, dating from the 9th of March to the 16th, and in no particular order, here it comes:
- George Clooney Arrest
- Actor gets arrested for peaceful protest about the atrocities in Sudan
- His father and many others were also arrested in Washington D.C.
- iPad Release
- Crowds lined up in over 10 nations on the 16th waiting for the new iPad
- Estimated 2.5 million iPads sold over the weekend.
- HTC Ice Cream Sandwich Updates (Sense 3.6 for some)
- HTC have began rolling out their new ICS updates for their selected phones.
- The Sensation legacy will only be getting a Sense 3.6 update, designed to mimic ICS.
- Facebook IPO
- Many Wall Street analysts gathered at Facebook headquarters to discuss the details of the stock floatation.
- Facebook is expected to trade under the ticker ‘FB,’ in mid 2012.
- Rangers Bidders
- Three different parties have come forward to buy the club from the Administrators.
- The Blue Knights consortium which has made a bid has strong links to previous owner Craig Whyte.
- Man Utd and Man City both crash out in the last 16 stage of the Europa League.
- This is the first time in 10 years that Man Utd haven’t reached a cup final.
- 10 Years of David Moyes
- David Moyes recently celebrated his 10th year at Everton with the hammering 3-0 defeat to Merseyside Rivals Liverpool
- He is the third longest serving manager in the Premier League, behind Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsené Wenger.
- 50p Stamp Duty
- Could potentially be reduced to 40% in the Chancellor’s budget next week.
- Could be replaced with a ‘Mansion Tax,’ in some form or another.
- Archbishop of Canterbury commits to Cambridge
- Dr. Rowan Williams has resigned from his post as Archbishop of Canterbury to become a Master of Magdalene College at Cambridge.
- John Sentamu is favourite to replace him.
- Karzai goes Krazy
- Afghan President Hamid Karzai goes on the offensive about the massacre of 16 Afghan civilians by a U.S soldier.
- Karzai questions whether there was only one soldier involved.
- North Korean Missile Launch
- Missile was reportedly a rocket carrying a ‘working’ satellite.
- Sent to mark Kim Il-Sung’s 100th birthday next month.
- Cameron’s in America
- David and Samantha Cameron were touring America for the first time during his reign as Prime Minister.
- Strengthened the ‘Special Relationship,’ between the two countries.
- Tesco Chief Quits
- Richard Brasher steps down after 26 years at the retail juggernaut.
- C.E.O. Phillip Clark is now taking over the U.K. side of things.
- Coach Crash in Switzerland
- A total of 28 dead, 22 children and 6 adults.
- Cause of crash still unknown, but alcohol was not to blame according to autopsies
- The Apprentice
- One of my favourite shows, ‘The Apprentice,’ returns next week Wednesday, below is a list of the candidates and their audition videos:
Thanks for reading, feedback will be much appreciated.
Post by: Toby Jagmohan – Founder.
tEdits – Create. Inspire. Enjoy.